Sep 28, 2010

First Dream

This entry makes me wonder why he even bothered to write about such an insignificant-seeming dream. It's almost as if he knew how much importance it would have later on his journey. But you don't know about that yet. One step at a time. Have patience with me please, we're getting there.

Stellas 22, 296 e.m.
Day 9,
I had an interesting dream last night. Actually, I guess it wasn't that interesting, but the fact that I dreamt at all is odd. Usually, my sleep is just dreamless shadow, even while I'm traveling. Really it was only a flicker of a dream though.

It was very dark in my dream, almost too dark to see anything. I managed to make out, however, the vague outline of something that resembled giant rocks all around me. Really big rocks, bigger even then the inn in Horlath.

I knew it was a dream, which was another unusual part for me. I stood there for several minutes, unable to move or see anything more than dark giant shadows on an even darker backround. And then I woke up. It was that simple, and yet there was a feeling about it that was very complex...

Well, it was only a dream, so enough of that. Once again we made wonderful time. There was a slight chill in the air, a last whispering of winter before spring overtakes it, but golden sunlight illuminated our path. There was no hint of danger anywhere in sight, but the horses seemed worried about something unseen. They were constantly prancing back and forth, and it took a firm hand on the reigns to keep them under control. The bright weather would normally have relaxed us, but the odd behavior of the horses put us instead on edge.

However, we encountered no trouble thi day. We made camp beside a stream that runs across our path. We will wade across tommorow.

Once again Daeroth and I began my lessons soon after we stopped for the night. I don't really think there is any reason to write of them in every entry, so I'll simply say that they are the worst part of the day.

There is nothing else to write of for now.

Aigon Silverwind,
The Unsure Merchant

No comments:

Post a Comment